Bartlett Building Historic Lofts / 7th Street Lofts is situated at the corner of 7th and Spring in the heart of downtown Los Angeles’ Jewelry District. The A. G. Bartlett Building was designed in 1911 by well-known Los Angeles architects John Parkinson and Edwin Bergstrom in the Beaux Arts style. When the building was completed in 1911, it was the tallest building in the city for five years, and the area is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. In the 1951, movie “D.O.A”, the lobby of the building is used as a rendezvous; in the background, a tobacco counter is clearly visible where the fire control room now stands, a feature that was not uncommon in office buildings of the time. In 2002, the building was converted to residential use under the Adaptive Reuse Ordinance and now comprises 139 loft-style condominiums, limited parking for residents, and some ground floor retail outlets. Bartlett Building Historic Lofts / 7th Street Lofts is a fourteen story historic building that offers 360 degree cityscape views through its large oversized industrial windows. Colored marble and glass mosaics are still extant on the ground floor, and fragments of black and white "subway" flooring remain on the mezzanine level. Units come well appointed and offer high exposed brick barreled ceilings, polished concrete floors, and open air balconies for selected units.
|Name:||Bartlett Building Lofts / Seventh Street Lofts (Bartlett Building)|
|Address:||215 W 7th St|
|Price Range:||$400,000 - $700,000|
|Number of Penthouse||N/A|
|Number of Units||140|
|Management / HOA Phone#||323.550.7999|
|Year Built / Converted||1911/2004|
|School District||L.A. Unified|
|Builder||John Parkinson + Edwin Bergstrom|
|Parking||On-site parking garages|
All information is subject to change and should be independently verified.
215 W. 7th Street
Los Angeles, CA 90014